Thursday, September 17, 2009

NZ-- So I love technology!

Netezza Corporation is another one of those picks that I found with a simple screen. No debt, increasing EPS, and sales have increased around 70% year over year for the past five years. $1.81 in cash per share on hand is a big deal to me as well.

I got in at $9 in my small cap portfolio on marketocracy, and it has been quite a winner for me so far. Many technology companies can be seen as a fad and/or not long lasting, but this is a buy and hold for me. As I've said in previous posts, I hope that this blog is a learning experience for me and others, a way to see what works and what doesn't, and hopefully create future wealth for all!

For a little bit about their company, take a look at the webiste, http://www.netezza.com/. For a quick overview though, they basically package data warehousing appliances and deliver total solutions at a lower cost than competitors.

Call me crazy, but that is really the only recipe one needs for success right? If you can do something better than your competition, and manage to turn a profit while offering the service at a lower price, then that's a winner! Business seems so simple on the surface...

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, I'll be sure to drop by again to read some fresh new great investment ideas.
    Chris

    http://www.kaching.com/kaching#portfolio/5916/holdings

    ReplyDelete