Tuesday, September 15, 2009

CVX--- Extremely undervalued

Chevron Corp is one of my must own stocks for the rest of this year and beyond. A low P/E with strong earnings that are expected to increase year over year coupled with dividend yielding three and a half percent (and it's not going away!) make this pick a real winner!

Full disclosure, I don't own this stock or many others for that matter right now because life is pretty crazy! I'm recently engaged, we just bought our first house, and I am having knee surgery later this afternoon. I've got some time to write, but not a ton of time to invest right now. After the wedding next year I really intend to get serious about building a portfolio and using some of the picks that I share to make some money for myself!

Anyways, with lots of cash on hand (3.66/share) and little to no debt, I would jump on Chevron as soon as possible before it really starts to move! It bottomed in March along with most of the stock market and has been a roller coaster since then. There is a gap between 68-70 (ish) that may serve as a good buy point as well.

Happy investing!

DTH

No comments:

Post a Comment