Thursday, July 23, 2009

SAY is still posting gains! And what about ALKS?

SAY seems like it is going to remain a great pick, I may try to ride it through most of the recovery and see where we land!

So... How about the Dow!?!?! Highest level in 2009... I'd love to hear what people think though, are we going to see a pullback, or is it straight up from here?

Anyways, another stock that has seen some news lately is Alkermes, Inc. (ALKS), a drug delivery and healthcare company in the US. With a market cap of 1.1B they have ton's of room to grow. I wouldn't say buy it just yet though. It is on a strong run up, and we may see a better buying opportunity back around 10.75-11.00.

Here are my top reasons for the pick:

1) EPS growth for the next 5 years is expected to be 42%.

2) Current P/E is low---8.54, with an expected forward P/E of 166!

3)Little to no debt (LT Debt/Equity is 0.12)

4)A profit margin hovering around 40% means this company is weathering the recession well with positive earnings.

5)Looks like the 50day MA is about to cross the 200day MA, possibly poised for a breakout.

I don't own the stock now, but I probably will soon. And although this is a pretty brave comment to make... I wouldn't be surprised if we see this trading in the 30-40 range by early next year!

Take Care

DH

No comments:

Post a Comment